Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Noise Maker

Every week it seems my son discovers a new sound that he can make. From snorting to growling and every noise in between, he is a constant music box of noises! The most recent addition to his noise list is the tongue click. 

In the past, the noises (not including consonants and vowels) he made have never been mixed up at one time. They were always independent of each other, if you know what I mean. Once the tongue clicking was added, a whole new dialogue was invented.

It sounds something like this:
 "Grrrrrr! (snort!) Na-na-na-ba-guh. Da-da-da-da.( tongue click) Mmmmm! Wa (tongue click). Grrrr! ma-ma-na-buh! (tongue click. snort!)"
On and on it goes! 
 
It was suggested by a friend of my that he was speaking some kind of code, and I needed to decipher it. (Yeah, right! Fat chance!)

I have no clue what my son is telling me. Nor  does it really matter at this point. For now, I'm just enjoying the nonsense  ramblings of my son. However, I'm pretty sure that the tongue clicking and snorting are strategically placed, and therefore a vital part of the conversation.

"ummmmm. Na-ma-ma-ma-guh. Uhhhh! (tongue click)."
possible translation: "Make time to smile!"

No comments:

Post a Comment