Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Learning to Live in the Moment


 "Having more joy does not necessarily require a life overhaul- 
you may just need to create more space in your life for moments of joy."

         ~Debrena Jackson Gandy


  I believe most of us need to keep in mind throughout our day. I know that for myself, I'm always thinking that if I could just be: more organized, more scheduled, more _____... then I would be a happier person. And that some how by doing those things I would be better able to enjoy life. Sometimes, however, I get so caught up in trying to make time to be happy that I miss out on it.  Then I watch my son and for a moment see life through his eyes.  He doesn't TRY to make to time to be happy. He doesn't let schedules, or daily tasks interfere. He lives purely in the moment. 
Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that we shouldn't schedule or plan. These are very important and necessary. They do play a role in our mental well-being and happiness. It's just that we need to not get so caught up in them; so attached to them, that we fail to LIVE. 
I know I can learn a lesson from my son. The lesson is to learn to live in the moment. Allow for the spontaneous moments of happiness to happen :)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment