Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The 45 Minute Rule

Everyone has heard the age old rule, "don't swim for 30 minutes after eating". There is a new rule, though, that I'm sure no one has heard of before. Veteran parents are probably aware of it. If they are, they have not shared it with the Newbies, like myself. I call it 'The 45 Minute Rule'.
 I stumbled upon this rule quite by accident one morning while bathing my son. He had just eaten breakfast about 30 minutes earlier and had food smeared all over!
Sitting him in the tub, I gave him some toys and let him play. After 15 minutes of playing contentedly, the grunting began. Quizzically, I tipped my head. "No, he can't be." I thought to myself. That's when I saw his face turn red and heard another strained grunt.
My brain scrambled to make sense of it!
"He couldn't be!?"  
But to my utter horror, he was! And he did!
Dumbfounded, I stood there staring. Then in a burst born out of disgust and panic, I snatched him from the water!!
As I emptied, cleaned, and refilled the tub to rewash my son, I realized I had learned my lesson.

No Bath's until 45 minutes after eating!!

No comments:

Post a Comment